We advocate to increase ridership and expand accountability of public transit in the Sacramento region, by promoting, efficient, affordable, safe, clean, and accessible service with optimized intermodal connectivity. We advocate for routes and service hours that serve the needs of those who depend on public transit and provide a compelling alternative to car use.
We envision a regional transit system for Sacramento that:
1. attracts high ridership;
provides an efficient full trip experience including one fare per trip;
2. internal integration so any bus/light rail connections are time efficient and there is adequate interface with foot, bike and car modes of getting to bus/light rail stations;
3. provides ease of connection to public transportation out of the region including Amtrak and bus lines;
4. assures any rail expansion does not compromise existing services needed to meet the above defined mission;
5. operates in a socially responsible manner; and
6. incorporates citizen input, including having citizen representation on the Board of Directors.